A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 06, 2018

pact.

You're something like I think you are.
I know I don't know well enough
to say I know
or know you well, but
everything I think of you
comes from the stuff and consequence
you've given me,
which gift has been epiphany,
enormity, and tenderness.
I've taken it unquestioningly,
and questioned you with interest.
And you have answered me
with nothing less, seriously
and generously, from everything you are,
I guess. That guess keeps getting better, best
- and you possess and understand
the sense of me I've given you.
I'm adding to it all I can,
and you can ask me all the rest.

And all the time we're giving in,
we come to know for real and true
something for sure. We don't know all
of what it is, just yet, but we are
whetted to investigate, explore - and
we know we want the so much more
there somehow always is
to find.

We've known each other ever since
beginning to, since you
are all you've ever
given me, and I
am all I've ever given you,
and you know
you

are welcome to
the part of me that's mine.

2 comments:

Steph said...

There are a lot of sweet and wonderful lines in this poem. The one that sticks out the most is, "We've known each other ever since beginning to,..." But then I just went back and read the stanza right before that line, and I want to mention that one here too. Really nice job on this poem.

dogimo said...

Thank you, Steph!

I like this one too.