A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 08, 2018

less to say

How can I even tell you? How much you mean
to me - it's so easy to put
what I mean and feel
into words, they may as well
be lies. It comes out true and strong
each time, some perfect small part

of a universe that may as well be
fictional, for how little it touches
of everything you

have already put there, first. Before
I had even noticed, to pick it up, astonished
to say what it means to me. I am accurate,
but it means so much more - I am more
or less belittling it, to tell the truth. Or
it feels that way. Sometimes I wish

you had given me less to say.

No comments: