A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

none the wiser

I could woo you,
as easy as speaking the truth,
I think. Your truth
is so congenial to me
that I speak it by accident,
believing it's mine. And maybe
it is. What
an exciting thing
to find out! Every time,
despite you would think

it should be assumed,
by now.

And so often you speak to me
what I've never noticed, but always
known, put into words that work
dark arts and my soul
is changed to light, or
my body to stone. Like a sorceress,
you always profess to have done
nothing smart, or unique or
strange.
I wonder if
you've been fooling me? Maybe
you have me completely wooed.

If so, it would have been perfectly
plain.

And nevertheless, I suspect
that I could, too. Woo you,
as easily as you
please.
And I'd never
catch on to you, and you
would never catch on
to me. We'd just go on,

speaking each other's truths,
not even confused as to whose
is whose.

No comments: