A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 10, 2017

When I get married, I want it to be on a beach

When I get married, I want it to be
on a beach, and
back in time, on the top
of the World Trade Center, we'd install
a beach on the tower to the East
or South, whichever way they're aligned, and I guess
the beach itself would have to be imported. Sand
trucked or helicoptered up, and - well,
there must already be swimming pools
up there, right? Put salt water in, and
start a wave machine. Then come

the vows.

Years later,
back forward in time,
people will not exactly understand
how we pulled all that off. I guess
when you don't have a time machine,

or priorities,

you tend to scoff.

No comments: