A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 03, 2017

the time change came

they fix a date in the nest of squares
that go by so orderly, for you there
and an hour comes off, or an hour goes on
but it's nothing compared to the racing sun

as it laps the days, winning heat after heat
while the hours fall back with their tires flat
it was never in doubt who couldn't compete.

now my clock's colored lights have gone out, at
precisely the moment you looked away

- the alarm is set, but I think that time
has long since passed the two of us by

this was so much more than yesterday.

I love you, though
I can still kind of see
your funny mixed colors
in my retinas

If I sleep today,
If I don't wake up,

what's one hour more or less,
between us?

No comments: