A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 10, 2017

Apology rejected

Not good enough.

You have to do something first.
You have to do something for me.
And something to me. You have to
do something wrong, first! That's
the rules. And it has to be
to me. I have to be wronged,
for this apology. So do it.
Take aim. Do your worst,
your best crack, take it -
a swing and a hit, get it
over with, put me straight into
pain, see my face react, make
a big deal and then, after
you realize what you've done,
you can be all, "I'M SORRY!"
like a death gasp,

and people will be all
like,

sad look, head shake

"You know what?

Don't even
worry about it. It wasn't your
fault.

You were provoked,"

So give in to it,
let the grim
stroke
fall. I'm sorry, I

won't

be sorry at all.

No comments: