A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 15, 2010

candy's got fuzz

ooo m'
candy's got fuzz
must a fell on the ground
or been sticking around
in m' pocket too long
but I'm a suck on
suck on suck
on it anyhow
suck on it any
how suck on it
anyhow

candy's got fuzz
coulda been a little
while now, wrapper
came off, I'm a
suck on it anyhow
sure enough sweet
as it is, I'm a
look both ways
before a treat
and I pop it right
in my mouth

and suck on
it anyhow
a suck on
it anyhow
candy's got fuzz
I'm a suck on
it anyhow

candy's got fuzz
I'm a suck on
it anyhow
candy's got fuzz,
and I pop it
right
in my mouth

2 comments:

blue said...

It was I who gave this the low rating. Don't like it. It's got a nice rhythm, but it sounds like it is being thought by someone of limited mental function (or possibly drug-addled), and I find that weird and unpleasant. Unless it's supposed to be a kid. In which case, good job embodying a kid. A really desperate kid. :P

I also don't like the accent or dialect imitation or whatever that is. "I'm a look/suck" whatever.

Hey, somebody else here loved it, so who cares what I think?

Although word verification seems to be making a rude, un-PC commentary as well. "Retedarp" definitely sounds insulting. Or like a right-to-left-reading program trying to spell "predator" and failing.

blue said...

Well, that sucks. I had a followup comment, but it got lost. that always makes me so angry. I take the time to write it, and stupid blogger just eats it.

Anyway, there may be a glaring other meaning here I missed. Maybe not. Whether or not there is, I like that I can see someone may read it that way, whether or not it was intended and even though that isn't my preferred type of poetry.