A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 19, 2010

further to fall

Look: there's a problem with the world
I've seen, and I don't know if anyone else
has noticed. People

learn the worst lessons they can. They do
this deliberately, as a deliberate choice.
Take every bad lesson to heart, so that
they "can't be hurt that way again."
They pick up as many grudges
as they can
carry. Anything good - taught,
learned, given, received - is allowed
to be outweighed, because the bad lesson
is a more important lesson to learn, than
the good one. The bad lesson - protects you?
Once you learn that bad lesson, you don't
have to worry. No more good can get in, and

only the good can hurt you.

Look, I'm not giving anyone here
on earth advice. At least, if I have,
then I apologize it was probably bad. People
deal with things differently. That doesn't mean
it's wrong. I deal with things one way, you
deal with things your way. I deal with things
poorly.

That's not your fault or your problem. I can take
it, it's mine. Personally, honestly, I'd rather be hurt
again.

I

can

take it.

At least once more,

I can.

So far,

that's all I need to be sure of.

No comments: