A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Sudden Awkwardness of Love

my head got hit by lightning
my cock shot straight out / glowed
my teeth got chattered
all at once
because you said: you knowed

I looked at you intently
and asked you what you meant
you looked at me, most quizzically
and said
"um
your head is on fire,
or something?"

I wanted to impress you
and seem like Not A Jerk
so I ran and answered a Want Job ad
at Terrific Place To Work

I told them "money," and they said
"time,"
Which seemed quite 'eye to eye'!
Then they said: "Look: before you start,
Your head is on fire. You'll
have to do something about that."

I asked, "Won't that be
covered under benefits?" They said
"Pre-existing condition."
They never said anything about
the other thing. (I was wearing
very dense, heavy

pants)

No comments: