A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 12, 2010

requiem or bust

I'll send a prayer along after:
for all of the good it'll do you,
that's why! I'll send a prayer, oh
humor me, listen - where you've gone,
by now, you know better than I. Is
there laughter? Singing? Nothing?
Maybe nothing. Maybe you know
no better - maybe nothing
was the last thing you learned.
A lesson through and through;
learned at once and completely
- the answer to everything,
at last.

Or maybe we both guessed double-wrong:
is there burning? Flesh, torn and boiled
in lakes of fire, and God over all,
unsatisfied? Wanting to see more?

I don't believe that. And you
didn't either.

Well I'll be joining you soon
enough, then.

amen.

No comments: