A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 08, 2010

seven up

seven flights of stairs
below me lives the world
on level ground
I sit here looking out
my window, down to where
they rush around
it's not so high they look
like ants, they're more like
dolls, of doll-house size
I walk down every morning,
then I walk back up
for exercise

1 comment:

blue said...

Where did the stars go? Is it just me? Can everybody else still see them? Well, I'm too tired to try to fix any problems that may be erasing them.

I like this. I like its calm and pleasant distance, as though from someone living in a hot air balloon, probably still tethered I suppose.