A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

strength, for fools

strength, for fools
is futile - struggle
always, always look
up too late, see - we
've gone in the wrong
direction! Turn back
in anger, self-defeated
and self-enlightened,
self-possessed, and
self-deceived - each
of us knows best, and
we know: we will try
and try harder, until

until.

I am a fool, which I
've known for some time,
and done nothing about.
I am about the minding
of my business. I will
plan twice as careful,
I am husbanding my
strength, for one last
push against doubt. For
fools, strength is
futile.

But it's all I have,
and I will make it
enough.

No comments: