A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 14, 2010

brand, shining new.

The brand on my heart is brand shining new
you seared your true name in a sigil, it's sealed
on the fibre and twitch of this muscle for love
that pulses my blood in your name, hot and real

my handprint on you, is brand-spanking new
as if to say ownership, chattel and claim!
it glows rosy bright, softens smartly to white
still it stands out invisible, spelling my name

Your claim on me is mine.

My mark on you is yours.

- a gift given freely, from each unto each
and you smile and blush, my eyes lower and grin,
each tentatively, with so much
to give in

No comments: