A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 04, 2010

most of my ghosts

most of my ghosts aren't dead,
but they haunt nonetheless
I've a theory that any event
with sufficient force can imprint
on its surroundings, and be sensed
by a sensitive soul. Now, psychic,
I most definitely am not! Still,
I see where you passed and left
a hole. Your ghost, a vision (as you
always were) in negative light,
you stand there looking at me -
a look I can never forget, because
your ghost won't let it lie. A look
like the last look you ever gave, like
the last look I'll ever get, before
I die

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, I have some living ghosts, as well. Love the notion of living ghosts. And I am psychic, btw!