A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 21, 2010

practice making friends

I'm moving in a couple months, so I thought
I should practice making friends now.

"Hey,"

I said, but it didn't come out right. It didn't
sound sincere. I had to regret, retreat, again
like I always do.

Do you know how hard
it is for me?
Would that be a fruitful, possible topic
for conversation? Hey,
stranger.

I couldn't help
but notice your face. It's really
on there pretty securely.
Nice job.
Shoot.

Why
do I
always come off
sounding like an idiot
to myself? Before, during and
after the fact? And other people
eat it up

I swear, I don't know which is more disturbing.

No comments: