A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 23, 2020

sometimes you just have to be the bigger man

You have decided to act

Without my permission, and
Against my comfort. I do not
Approve of you doing this

yet you do. Well which of us
is to rule in what you do? I'm not finished
please! Which of us
is to have say in your doings? You?

Why should it be you and not me?
We are both equal beings, here. I think
you have lost some grip of logic
which is mine, and perhaps need to look inside
me, to restore your sense

of my reason. Otherwise, why
would you do what I do not? Or approve
what I disapprove? Or say what you think,
when you could easily say what I think?

Do not be coy.

You know what I think. I see you often
mouthing the words as I say them, only
you make a funny face, all gog eyes
and grimace pulls as you act me out. Clearly,

you know what I think

and yet you do this. Now, please

justify if you can

yourself. It is okay
speak your turn.

I allow it.

No comments: