A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 01, 2020

Maybe modesty

No one can see so much
as a part
of all that she's been,
she's shown,
she gave.
She's stopped giving now.
Oh, not so much stopped. She's found
her reserve,
and poured it all in
to save. To keep.
To measure it out -
or for now,
do more measuring in.
So sweet
to have nothing to give,
to show,
to slip.
In peace and control
is the way to live.

To have nothing to have to.

Well,

I loved all your fierce
and showy ways,
the exposure you gave
every side of your self.
The flip of your ire,
the crack of your gaze
But you know? Maybe modesty
suits you well.

I like seeing you at your ease,
and if
there's so much less showing,
I have seen you full. I can fill
in the gaps of the picture
with this: the glow
of the all
you gave me to know,
the pull
of all you've put inside me
of you.

I have so much of this,
I will never run out. You can make
tiny gesture, I'll fill in the rest.
Correct me if you've any doubt.

No comments: