A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 09, 2020

unlucky fortunes

I seem to be unlucky with minor things in life. My left
pinky finger, my knee. The tie
that snapped
spilling my bag and breaking everything
you gave me.

Which I had looked forward
to treasuring. Guitar strings, and
heartstrings. It is not enough
they be pulled for some reason.
They must be pulled out
by the roots. A minor
thing, in key A minor.
New ones will grow. And
spin out into the world like
spidersilk, catching and pulling
taut again, as if no prior lessons taught
could take. It must all begin anew,
a fresh start for everything ruined. Minor
wounds healed, minor injuries accumulating
like painted broken body parts
in a glass menagerie
look

a bird

how did that get in here

feathers everywhere
it's broken everything

again

No comments: