A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, May 04, 2020

"codefensive"

I'm wondering
are you on my behalf
right now? Could you do
something in my stead?
It would behoove you to
I could make it behoove you,
it that's what would do it.
I am a consummate behoover
of others, but
It's for their own sake
that I do, I swear.
We are in cahoots.
Say it. We are! We
are always on each
other's behalves,
behooving and doing
whatever incumbs
upon us, for the moment

the trap is sprung

And that is
our ulterior purpose
in this. To catch
and to trap, each
separately in the other's
catch and clasp and click
it's for our own good
just wait you'll see

No comments: