A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 22, 2020

existential party quest

I am here...

I am here...then I am not here. Many are here
and then I am not. I am there. Must be. But
I cannot see the view there from here. Maybe

I am not here. Maybe I left and no one noticed. Even I missed me
on the way out the door, and I did let the door
hit me. I am not here, but

there must be someone here to observe that. Wait.
Many are here. Still. It does not seem

or feel how it would feel

if I were one of them. I feel much
like me, but gone. Who is observing
that I am gone.

It must be me. And the only place
for that to happen is here, and the only time
is now...therefore I AM

Here.

Hey! Thanks Descartes!

It just doesn't feel how it would feel
if I were. This must be what parties
always feel like. I guess

I forget between parties

No comments: