A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Into and out of

With mincing steps, sometimes
I storm the doors
blood-deep in gin and whores
and stride with purpose orderly
inside, where I stand fast,
hold forth
and ride it out
until I'm spent. So topical!
So eloquent, so passionate
I pour it out. Then I
bow imperceptibly,
to all the room
which I might well have
not just done. It was
quite imperceptible! But
thoughts that count
are carried through
in some amount.
And then I turn, as if
with some decision, and
I storm the doors again
- the other way, this time.
It's pull! Don't push,
remember, on such finest shades
of gesture hang
impressions made
just now and when. I storm
the doors, and I go out.
My steps are mild,
mincing then.

No comments: