A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 29, 2020

belong for you

As long as this world has turned,
I've hung on. Seen some beautiful
blurs as I've dragged on past,
always hoping to see my way to home
always hoping to find some place
to last. Some fit to catch

and clasp.
Well I've more or less given up
on fitting in. Getting by's
been enough, and circling by,
as the people cling tight
to some place they've
been
only wanting to stay,
as they wave goodbye. I think
perhaps none of us fit quite here.

And I know I don't,
but somehow you do.

The world found its focus in eyes
so clear, they could only
be yours. And I knew
I'd found mine
for a mile or two.
But it's widening miles
for circles around the earth
since we've danced and walked
and shone. With a roof of skies,
cliffs and trees for walls,
I've finally found
my piece of home.

So long
as you're here,

I've decided I will
belong.

No comments: