A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 15, 2020

hypothetical world

If I were a self.
And I am - you know,
one of those

things.

with the eyes looking out
and the senses combined, drinking
beer, eating
chicken wings, I would

do what I could -
but not what I must. Just
trust me on this, this life
runs on trust

more than justice or hope
or science or faith, or
language or math, or
truth or mistake

if the trust in you breaks
it can't be repaired
except by admitting

your stupid mind
got it wrong again, bud!

Which is always a pain
right in the ass, but you
would also be right
to break down
and admit you were right

to care,
and right to doubt
and right to judge
- so far as we know -
the second time 'round,
and with eyes now sharper
and wise for the next
as away we go.

No comments: