A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 01, 2020

if not for us

It wouldn't be me if it wasn't
you, in these encounters. There

would be two

other people there.

Shuffling awkward,
gazing wayward
haphazardly around,
but forced
(pretty much)

to stand there the entire length

you and I were happily, eagerly
and easily only getting started.

It wouldn't have worked
if it was them. If it wasn't you

and I.

Well for all I know, they would've
clicked like kippers in a wool sock
and caught fire! Fuck

Any two people can click. I don't
know. Can't say it wouldn't work

with those two. Shoot.

Point is,
it wouldn't be you
and me. Now, that works

No comments: