A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 29, 2020

Hunger House

Why is there no restaurant
called Hunger House? I bet
that they'd be always full
of people drawn in from without
who'd suddenly feel hunger pangs
or just the fear of feeling them
reminded by that name most cool.

"We're not Food House" the name
reminds. The people come
for just one cause:

Hunger.

Hunger sucks them in.
Impatiently, they wait, then sit.
Consult their menus, and

are lost.
For all that's on there
is themselves.

For Hunger House
has eaten them. Perhaps
that's why there's no such
name

for any restaurant I ken.
I could perhaps try search engine, but

I don't think I want to, though.
Some things it's best to know
you want to know
before you know,
you know?

No comments: