A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, May 22, 2020

"Head cocked at a quizzical angle"

Head cocked at a quizzical angle
Head Cocked At A Quizzical Angle
HEAD COCKED AT A QUIZZICAL ANGLE
I KNOW YOU MEANT SOMETHING, MAN
I CAN'T HANGLE

Look
here you come hey
hey
how's it up, what's your doing
and I'm like oh yeah,
it's this one. Again. Look
I know you don't mean nothin by it,
and it's "just your way" but
there's a thing called
"sense"
you might try it
no? Not interested oh
here comes more
of your usual peculiar unique.
Quelle surprise!
But I maintain my usual composure
and charm, while my brain sweats
start, despite all this breeze
You gotta THING you wanna point out,
you announce but you don't
you just
keep drawing wider circles around
my throat
If I don't choke, it's just that
the noose is too tangled.

HEAD COCKED AT A QUIZZICAL ANGLE!

Head cocked at a quizzical angle
Head Cocked At A Quizzical Angle
HEAD COCKED AT A QUIZZICAL ANGLE
I KNOW YOU MEANT SOMETHING, MAN
I can't hangle

man, "hangle"
that isn't even a word man
I don't even know where I get that
that's more of your shit

It's HC/QA, man

No comments: