A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 30, 2023

Listen.

Listen. I know you've been 
wanting in on this project 
of mine for some time, and 
I'm honored. Frankly I don't 
know how you heard about 
it. I wasn't planning to come 
up with it for some time yet, 
and at this point you can probably 
tell me as much as I can. I'm 
not offended! Your interest 
is okay. I know you're bright. 

Like a light bulb of a size you 
could see coming from around 
the bend - looming over the skyline 
of average city. I know you go 
around with your ear to the ground,
steering by whatever you can 
get from one of these. 

Taps nose. I get it.

You're a girl. 

That means you have to work 
twice as hard as a woman just 
to not get noticed. When you 
do, people get offensive about 
your age and weight. I know 

exactly what that is. I can tell. 

So the answer's yes. Tell me 
your thoughts on my - our - 
project, and I'll see if it fits 
with anything I kick around
on the sly. It could fly, it could 
burrow in the earth, it could 
go swimmingly - I don't care
it's worth a try. I want you on 
our team. This-

Hey! 

Hey, you - were you there the 
whole time? Heard the whole
thing? I was just practicing my
speech! Yes, for you - who
else? So what do you think? 

I mean, you didn't leave,

right?  

No comments: