A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Explanatory note on tone (redacted)

I answered with a clean breast
here, because I wanted to find
out if anybody else was as
relatable as me on this one.

With the Big Stuff, some people
pose superior. Or feign a vast
distance. Or kow tow to the big
dog: consensus. I considered it,
but affected a gruff, bluff, hearty
and casual demeanor known only
in my heart. Others saw me as I am:
bold. Aloof from false, empty values
of culture and society. Vigilant. Fondly,
sometimes even vehemently attuned to
and rooting in true, full values, such as
society and culture also abound in.

Beside all that, my interest in hard facts
ascertainable to any who come look, come
check and decide for themselves, almost
overwhelmed me. I was left shaken. Rigid
with intellectual paralysis in an almost iced
fury of rationalism. My emotions were taken
aback, overawed by the sheer dispassion and
detachment that warred with me in my own
mind, and won.

That’s why I took the angle I did in the answer.
If for some reason you were intimidated or
appalled, please check your reaction against
what I reveal here. Is it fair? Reasonable? Or
has fat, raunchy bias slipped in somehow?

I hope that clears that sh!t up, if any. If not,
my apology is valid - and sincere. 

No comments: