A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

A man called Charlis Doyle

The man named Charlis Doyle came in
throwing me against the walls. 
Hurling me across the room.
Out of crumpled heaps, I'm
hauled in soaring somersaults to falls.
Bounced, grabbed up again and swung!
Sailing, crashing now, and now, and
NOW.  
Between 
each violent smash and upswept plunge,
I count one second's gap, not two. 
Big Charlis Doyle darts so fast across
the room! Two hands clamp - woooooo!
It's upsy daisy BOOM! for me. 

I was a touch surprised at first. 

Big Charlis Doyle. Big friendly guy! 
So I surmised, originally.
Until I noticed
sailing by
the picture window,
over couch and into bookcase: something
odd. Hey! It's me! Split-second later, Charlis
Doyle loomed in view then blurred spin-twist
flip impact CRACK! I slid
soft splat
to sigh on hardwood floor, 
then two-hand wham
and vwoop! once more! 

Damn odd! However, later it made 
sense. Apparently, that's just his 
way. Surprisingly intelligent! 

That Charlis Doyle. He's ok

No comments: