A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, January 26, 2023

bring the picture

Some times I wish 
I could go anyplace 
I saw in mind. As
I concentrate - the 
beginning picture 
would start so clear,
just as I imagined it. 
Whole-cloth here, then
by fine detail it would 
uncoalesce, to slowly
converge upon some
there. Convergence upon 
reality: the closest real
place to whatever I'd 
made-up to find. 

So, not perfect fit. Just
whatever was real, what
I pictured would change 
to it in shift by degree 
and arc, in color and line,  
in shade and tone to clarity
fine 

I'd lose fantasy as reality
filled, defined, came in
by intent, aimed will.

Then once it hit snap-clarity
real, I could tell - and walk
through! And find 
how it feels.

I've perfected 
the basic technique
so far by picturing 
where I almost am, 
and find the direction 
in step by stride. 

As soon as I get there,
the picture's arrived.   

No comments: