A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

discovery of the atom

I had a dream that felicity's hips
were plunging and bounding
on my lap, but we didn't have 

any clothes on. She was wild,
and it seemed like she might
take a wrong bounce and fly

off - but cunningly, she'd taken 
advantage of my central prong
to sort of keep her in line! I was

stunned at first - just sitting there,
a big prong-lap statue with superfluous
extremities - 'til her face got a mean

look, like whose job is this? And I caught
on fast, making awkward (I thought) but
impeccably well-timed backwards

movements. No
Not "backwards" - reverse. No,
answering! Upwards. Lift and thrust
- I was half trampoline all of a sudden,
if people willingly half-impaled themselves 
on half-trampolines! Her eyes drifted closed,

her lips parted, smiling - I had to admit it felt 
great somehow from my side! Still,
what she was going through

had to be totally different
somehow,
right?

In the dream it all made sense, and
I didn't question it. 'Til suddenly I
came to myself (well, partly)
wondering and stunned to realize
it had been no dream! I'd just 

thought it must be, because 
the whole thing was so odd. 

How did she know to do this? 

What other tricks was she aware 
of, wisely holding in reserve? 

No comments: