A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 21, 2023

As many alibis

The night of the twelfth? Thanks,
I was at a fund raiser dinner dance
for cripples and the developmentally
disabled. I attended in fancy dress
- a masquerade! So my face wasn't
visible, but...they'll all vouch for it. 
Just ask them if goatee Batman can 
tango. 

Oh you said the twelfth? Sorry. I was 
at the ice skating rink, birdwatching. 
I was there with a couple of Spriver's
starlings, a hey-billed cockawhoop,
and a tallow-bellied thatchwing. 

They all saw me. 

Wait, you said 10pm? Sorry, that 
was all earlier. Can't watch birds 
for a damn at night - you miss all 
the black ones! By that time, I'd 
have been doing full-contact nude 
tai chi at the rec center. I've been 
organizing a class
to show my stuff. I believe 
my technique can help people 
relax! 

Since word got out, everybody says 
I'm in a class by myself. Check it 
if you want. There's another class 
Tuesday, three more on Sunday. 
All the same people will be there. 
Come by! Stay for the class. 

Hope that helps you with your 
questions, gentlemen. Now if 
you'll excuse me, it's murder 
out there. I need to go scare 
up 
some 
alibis 

No comments: