A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 06, 2022

When put on the spot, I choose the lit side.

If I had to be a geek
of the Star Wars kind,
'cause somebody asked me
what side am I -

as if to use the Force
required I pick!

I am on the lit side.
My side

is lit.

She objects "Dark or Light!"
I say "Hey, come on! If it's
only possible to dichotomize
wrong, then what's the whole
point making Vader so Darth,
just to pop a Luke Leia style
balancing art?"

She said

"HM. O,
K.
So...you think you're a Drood?"

I'm a lil' less dee and dee, than
that dude. Just Lit.
Lit
side,
lit attachment and feels,
not some cool light of dimwit
frosty ideals. Nor do I hold attached
strong emotion wrong. It does not
one jot darken my
wonderknot song.

"So...'enlightenment,' then? Lit some way
like that - part Rationalist? On a Zen-based
grand Romantic twist at bat? Atop a cliff,
let’s say - with Byronic coat flap shaking fist
at oncoming storm gods at play?"

That's...

it.

I'd say she nailed it, and
pegged me in one. Well, our
top dog glowstick duellists are no damn
un-fun dualists!
Nor puh-tickly wroth.

Just a pack
of warm cool peeps having telekinesis
strip and precog-reflex dance-off!

"OK! What are you called?"

Not knights!

Our brass takes the honorific "Yeo!"
We are yeopersons, lass. Yeoladylords,
doing yeowork fast, yeogirls, yeoboys,
yeobeings of worth where it's worth it,
and wrath as catch-can!

But the catch-it-all sobriquet's Dedi.

Jam in pinpoint, on-point days and nights,
we are so Ded-on, we don't have to fight twice.
Since when we show up lit,
there's hardly ever a fight!

Just a party. We're the Yeo Dedi Party
of Nights and Days. Our top guy is called

- not Ben Haze, that's a nickname we clapped
on his dumbass back of a robe, no he's properly:

O-Be One Y'self.

That's my own grand mentor, yes
he's still in good health. Soon as someone
finally kills him, and nobody tries,

I'll be tracking them down.

"But what's your name, guy? Sir Dedi Yeo?"

Close.

I am Yeo MamaFartha Mista Business Ho.

I know.

I know it's a bit long, but you should see
my glowstick. All ours are pastels, mine's

a cool shade of hot gold and iced purple!

It pulses all weird, but don't mind. I can
control it okay.

No comments: