A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, October 29, 2022

downtown abbess

She was my lil downtown
abbess if you know what
I mean. Loved that show
so much I got bored. She

had a part in it. But really
it was more the show, far
as she was concerned.

Without any complaint
on my part - my part
never complains - she
proposed a compromise
most foul I ever heard
- but she did it fair!

What a girl this woman
was (still is I bet), I swear.
Her childish ideas were
beyond the scope of ken
or most guys, but I knew.

So show's on - showtime,
she'd balance and drop
her whole downtown
abbey to make my steeple
bounce as if upheld between
such buttresses flying I thought

the Louvre had burned down,
instead of our lady. What's the
name? I was going to say "instead
of a french cathedral," but you
just know french cathedral has
got to be slang for something
dirty in France. She and I were

on fire

for that program show, albeit
we had our reasons. In between
important action onscreen, we'd
close our eyes and cry not Marco
Polo, but "notre?"
"DAMN!"

She was not just her lady then,
but ours both, each and All such
moments we had. Look, like magic,
television, art, personal privacy,
familiarity - these things have
science to practice, and
intimacy with any of them
brings commensurate and
incommensurable rewards
known well to who does.

Both of us always did eventually,
up towards forever as we could,
back down, up, down, wherever
we went, paused or wild it was
so cool!

In time, I even grew to like it.
Her reasons for watching that
way, I mean. To her credit she
loved mine from the start -
hence "compromise." Some
deal! Big one for two on the
one job, one trying to watch
tele simultaneously, the
other
only
beginning to catch on.
Telling guest from regular
stars, threading a plot through
the loops - hard, bouncy joy
when it's not your show,
really.

It became ours.
It really, finally, did.
And that's a tragic pang
without her now. She's fine!

She always was. It’s just.
One of those two things. Which
often gang aft agley where one
and one make something so
strong it fails. I remember

we went downtown a lot!
So fun down there, right in front
of the people watching crowd, which
was us, too! Once we strolled by a
church and I said hey! Is that an abbey?
Why not pull our favorite tv trick right
here? You can watch it all spellbound
while I try to keep you up and semi-level
in the eyes.

SMACK!

Right in the lips she got me. That was a Kiss
Means No situation, but Thanks. See, we
could communicate by means other than
oral long since by then, but she was way
less anal than I about some things. Trust
me.
Don't
try it. You
may not do it right
so wrong as I can pull
off with some. And if
your lil miss

hates
the spot you aim
with your childlike-innocence
tongue trick, pun off and try
something better, and not
so low maybe! Otherwise

- where do you get it?

Innuendo.
That's where. 

No comments: