A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 17, 2022

poop machine

My baby is a super-dupe
poop machine. She's always
eating just to poop used food! 
She wipes clean, 

don't ask me how I know,
don't ask me how I know. 
That's private business, yo. 

When she gets up purposefully, 
sometimes I sing the poop machine
song - that's when she hits me! 

"Problems poopin', baby? 
Don't want no one to know?" 

That's a joke. My baby has
no such problems, yo. 

Don't 
ask me how I know. 
Don't ask me how

I know she's a poop machine. 

Most people wouldn't guess 
just from looking at her.
It's not the kind of thing 
she'd like emphasized, 

but 

I know 
because she told me herself, 
one time.
She announced it in the flush
of triumphant return: "I'm a
poop machine, baby!" - she
said. Qu'elle surprise!

But
she's true, my baby is. And so
I believed her. And so
I learned. 

What I never otherwise 
might have guessed. I would
not have figured out why
she goes from the room,
to come back 
with a rosy glow.

I confess, if I thought 
of it at all, I'd have only 
assumed! "Pfft! Probably
makeup, or something"
- that's wrong! 

But once I found out, 
I sang the poop machine
song she so secretly loves,
when she goes from the room.

So secret in fact
is her love of that song
- you might never even
know it, just by how she reacts
when I serenade her on her way

to make boom. 

But you could be wrong, 
as a matter-of-fact. 

No comments: