A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, October 07, 2022

Desperation evolution hiccup

I grew two wings 
to fly to you. 
One bird,
one bug, from 
human back. But

to my surprise,
in a long arc out 
to a very death dive 

my wings
don't aerodynamically 
jibe, or 
"fly" 
in a literal sense. In a way
to bear me up, or bear me

on.

Which - if I'm right, 
is why bears don't fly. 

A fly does. Bees?
Sure do, bats too - am I wrong? 
Plus of course - some birds 
galore.  

But none
of these wings bear me
to you. 

Just down, I guess. 
Should have thought this 
through, before I decided
to erupt these alien growths
from my flesh, in a quest
to you. 

I guess, once I hit
I might fly like a ghost?

But if so, chances are 
you won't touch me or see. 
That seems to be the deal 
between you, 

dear me. 

No comments: