A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

because awesome

I love you when you 
fucking interrupt yourself
midpoint right through what's
inevitably, clearly going to be
a really good point -

'Cause your eyes got wide and wise,
to see the much better point
you could make,
shape,

rise -

And I'm hit!
skewered!
pierced!
with it 

Surprise! No, 
of course I would be,
but 
with loving attention paid
to point made, I wanna
draw you back, 
your attention to
the point you
broke in half.

Yes! The point you made! 

Valid point - good point, 

that last.
But 

Where were you going with 
the other one?
And despite how I point to
original basis and aim, the trajectory
tracked, that you cracked, broke
to sunder and maim,
for your sudden-discovered 

new point! To make! 

- I cannot get you to revisit 
what has now become 
"Irrelevant. 
Fake." 

(to you)

Why I love that 
is up for argument, but 
I say: it's because awesome. 

No comments: