A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 31, 2022

Simplified line.

Simplistic? You dog, you abused
me for complexity just now! Which
is it? Yet truth shines through to true
in you here, when you call me
so simplistically.

Simple, true. I am an Alpha
Simp, Omega to sum - simple
right through really, and real
good at that, at least. I'm afraid
a worse man than you, in terms
of how bad I sit on my ass and tell
tales in lines to knock you off your
charger so hard, you can't (apparently)
find your butt sore with both hands.
Fool! That's a saddle sore! I left it
on the flying saddle, and you

unscathed!

Pay attention next time you
go hurtling far from chosen
course and splat back into the
bull you loosed by mistake
crashing through its gate.

Right in the eye!
A BULLSHOT.

Well, you do it fair, on-point -
but did you mean to? Woof
woof, wolf, in he-man skin,
I see your barked ass and funny
tooth show. Please allow me

to apologize for my self! My
conduct was implacable, my
courtesy as usual - found "familiar"
by those who know me, yet others
are right to call me out for my
huge, jocular good nature
(in their eye). It's a daring
care for me to stake pains
by, but who cares? I mistook you!
For someone I knew better! Well,
damn it I might have known better,

then. My fault! Because my misjudgment
and I tone it down from amity to civility
at your fall from the former. I should

have introduced myself politely
first, then or later. Now, Hi!

(You may be able to tell already
by my outlandish size, fluff hard
and pure incompetence at pleasing
you, which is too bad for any one
who cares, but) I am only the big
bad
sheep. I lowwww so in mournful
tones for humanity's sake as I herd
no flock whatsoever. I'm mostly
there to keep the dog in line. Good
dog! A real social pack animal for
the greater good she well knows,

being of it and in it and all out to win
it. The flock? Come on, they can take
care of their own choice of pastime
and repast. This whole thing's more
about me and the dog, for me, but
oh, she flocks like an angel playing
at pastoralism. It isn't really WORK
for her. Not with me there. I just

provide the stupidest example imaginable
of a sheep, damn big really (too bad) and
nobody needs to mind what the flock
does MUCH. They're at it on an all-out
own good spree! They mow the lawn

so I don't have to. Gruesomely, I've gained
a voracious taste for unpacked canine. Wild
or acting like it, or - more the best they can
do with so affected and weak an idea of wild
strength and order. A rather tame-ass job they
try to pull that way!

I suspect neither they nor I am really
the animals we pretend to be.

Anyway, it is not a reductive simplicity,
all I laid up, for it leaves nothing out
of any detectable size or importance

in reality. I'd expect you could demonstrate
definite conflict or inconsistency, if you knew
both otherwise, and better.

In any case, I welcome your one-point
mostly on-point correction! On TONE.
Personal taste critique, all sentiment no
substance, is better than nothing at all.

Tastes better! Well...depends, but I can
tell without too much face-making.
Composure, you see. Yours?

Delicious. Thanks! I mean it, too
- and more than you might

know.

No comments: