A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 31, 2022

"What tone were you going for?"

The tone I feel in me
is that of loving, doting
even carefree fond insouciance
that plays broadly and deeply in/upon

each piece,

yet overall smacks fine
as a reckless, perfect array
fallen by coincidence in lucky
grab and crash. Unaffected, natural
as all heaven and hell - and a peach
of a deal! Considering this moron

obviously doesn't know what he's
doing. It would be impossible, but
it's actually my dominant tone in life,

so.

However having said that, when
someone asks what tone were 
you going for, obviously you 
didn't get it. Not clearly, or 

clearly not! Which is oh, fine
- "OK!" I try
to mind my business 
for your part.

It's a fair take on 

any offer! (Usually 
they ask that to be sure 
your aim wasn't halfass 
wild - you did intend a 
tone. Didn't you?

Sure, intending a tone 
is my specialty. So 
easy it works 
fine 
great overall, 
but fine's ok.  

No comments: