A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, July 26, 2024

Startful Stop.

My inner system's all flushed up
and out, and her I stand
surprised.

She's cool, full-stop
and I could give a fuck
for all her daring whys. I stand

or lay here wondering why not?
Or: was she calling mine? My
bluff, my hopes,
my all-for-once:

Her dragonback is drawn
in leaves and twisty roots: no
coffee, please

and no I had
no deft designs
on her, but
simply start and ease.

We let each chart our course:
Slow dance apart at each one's
pace: no recompense. For if love
works

and must be war, I'll bow
my head to glance its blade
with my stiff neck.

Forever
gaze, then lop it off.
Her voice is dulcet
blooms:

no chore.

She
calculates night hard,
but
soft. So musical, this
vunderkind

it could
go

better
undesigned
and
unaloft

No comments: