A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, July 26, 2024

Just The Worst

Listen: you're just the worst 
I met in my life. You made me 
your man. I made you his wife, 
'cause I never quite can come up  
second, you see.

You're just the worst 'cause
you're tied with me. 

When you're tied for first 
there is no number two. 
That's so much the magic 
we each saw in you. It struck
up the magic we each found
in us.

It was how you and I each
needed to be. Tied for first
growing worst so fast

you can't trust 

You're just the worst I met 
in my time. I made you my 
woman and you made you 
mine, every step every aim 
destroying what's ours: vows, 
rings, homes and houses in 
hotel bars. 

I'm just the worst, now you 
knew it was so. Time to break 
down all the news and go. 

We're just the worst, 'cause  
we tried to be. We were tied 
for first best, now
we'll never 
be free. 

No comments: