A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, July 04, 2024

"Sacrament"

Last night, I saw you in my dream
what's more, I think that you saw me
and you were walking alongside.
Alone & naked, you looked into my eyes:
You're tired of life. Of what you can do, 
and tired of the things you can't.
You need someone to teach, and
someone to learn, and someone
to understand. 

Well I will join you.
I will join you, in this:

it's a sacrament.

We walk a world we did not make
We tried. It wasn't to our taste
We speak of wisdom and virtue
I think the secret is inside you
You're tired of love, without knowing why
Of flying with no place to land
With no one to teach, and no one to learn,
and no one to understand.

Well I will: join you.
I will join you: in this.

It's immaculate.

And we met in a place where nobody goes,
and something passed between us, over and
over and over and over. 

The moment is gone. You're left here with me
We hold each other in our hands
With nothing to teach.
And nothing to learn.
And nothing to understand.

But I will: join you.
I will, join you!
In this.

We're transcending it.
It's immaculate.

It's a sacrament

No comments: