A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, July 27, 2024

"Saskia (Out There)"

You get a little bit out of hand
(sometimes)
But you're the one who reels me back in
(and I'm fine)
And even picturing when you cry
(so sad)
It makes me want to just hit some guy
I'm that mad, and sometimes

I feel I'm in too deeply
I tell myself I'm not but I don't believe me

Saskia!
You're the only one out there, baby
Saskia!
Don't you think you should come in maybe, hey?

Come in! I love seeing
You shine. You make me think in
Clichés. With your hand…
in mine

And there's a whole world of difference,
between we.
But it don't make any difference
Not to me
That's not to say it's not meaning full
enough
It's just it's not any obstacle
Not to us, and when I

Picture my world without you
There's nothing in the frame, not of any value

Saskia!
You're the only one out there, baby
Saskia!
Don't you think you could come in, maybe?
Saskia!
Who could ever think evil of you?
Saskia!
The sun's breaking through all the clouds above you

Hey
I love how you measure
Your strength
Not by force of
Your shove
But by choice of
restraint

You get a little bit out of hand
(it's true)
But you're the one who pulls me back in,
to you and sometimes
I get a little bit broken up

And you're left sweeping my pieces up

And if I
just want to protect you too fiercely
It's only 'cause I love you so completely

Saskia!
You're the only one out there baby
Saskia!
Don't you think you should come in, maybe?
Saskia!
You are the only light I can see
Saskia!
Don't you go disappearing on me

No comments: