A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 15, 2019

that line of patter

listen I've put my foot in a lot of mouths
what you just said is beautiful
thank you
you just made my ass blush, but
I think you might have read eloquence
between the lines of my unintended insult
and forgiving me instantly, taken it
for epiphany, decided
it was love at second thought

it happens to me a lot

and I'm not saying you're wrong, but
we are.
We are,
We are
or could be.
And honestly, that's alright with me. But
I just hope you know what you're getting into, because
trust me
no one does
and why should they?

Or even begin to.

No comments: