A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 29, 2019

mercy beating

You have no idea how easy it is
to hold all the horrible things
in me back.

What you just said now? You just
set yourself up. I wish I were
half as nasty as that -

as I'd have to be, to let fly
with the line
I already see twining
garotte-like to catch

your throat, and pull taut
with guillotine force. Well
no one has ever deserved
quite so badly of me

as I'd have to be, to spring
so beautifully-wrought
and cruel a trap.

It practically beautifully
wrought itself. I don't think
I can credit myself, so
there.

Let us let this one go

- if it comes back to us,
in a way I can use
without feeling so bad
about you, poor dear
excuse,
we shall take

such pains and care.

No comments: