A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Enforcement Art

The Enforcement Arm
of the Better Business Bureau
operates completely outside
the Constitution, and cannot even
be admitted to exist. By Law, Enterprise

must remain Free. But there is one man,
me. When they rip you off, and you call it in
to the BBB, when no one else can help,

sometimes, if it's that kind of case,

they tip me off. They call me

in.

And I case the joint
and a plan comes together
which I execute

to their sudden, instant
and everlasting woe

If it gets in the News, it will say
Oh well, they had to go. People like that

have no business, clearly
on the face of the Earth,
not when I'm around
with my world of hurt
to wipe off that damn smirk
they had on their face
when they started
smarting off, telling you
you'd been had, and
there's no recourse
for you in this place.

Not too smart, as it turns
out, and wrong as well.

I have no remorse. Where was theirs?
When they refused to honor your coupon?
Which was clearly good! They chose

their own course. And you did well
to call it in to the Bureau, ma'am.

Consider your coupon
honored in death and blood. We all do

the best that we can.

No comments: