A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 16, 2019

defiant sense

Hydroplane should be
some kind of flying boat, obviously and
why would a basket even need
a case? An enclosing container
for an open-topped one? If anything
the reverse might be useful: a nice big
basket
for you to keep all your cases in, but
that would be a "case basket." You can't
eat your cake
and have it true, but the reverse is untrue!
You can have your cake, and then eat
the thing. The usual order of things,
in fact - have! Yes, good. Then: eat!
You can only eat what you have. Then
you can't anymore, you don't have any
more. But worse
than that

I forgot
why I started
on this track. It wasn't
the points I made above, I was working my
way towards something, way up higher
than that, I just thought a foundation laid

would be a good tack to take, first

to make a case. Make it, click it
Stick it in the basket, I guess. It'll come up
later, like a boat to air

once it's built speed up
from hydroplaning to aerodynamism
an ever-accelerated and rising

death trap

No comments: