A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

half-ass justification

There's something about half-ass
that just fits my aesthetic. It's
a very particular and demanding standard,
I do a half-ass job even if I forget
and have to do it twice, to undo part.
It leaves something to the imagination,
something to be desired: a completed job

You can kind of see where I'm going with it,
and
a sort of wistful, melancholy sense I'll never
get there, but

I know exactly what I'm doing. I do not wish
to insult the intelligence of everyone, they
do not need me to dot every eye - those are not
my pupils, I trust they see the point

for themselves. It's the unresolved tension,
the suspense, the hovering above and beyond
closure - there's a certain frisson and
undoneness to it, which I value.

I keep the other half within me
at all times, as I go forth
in whole-hearted half-assery,

otherwise, I could easily have
to make fun of myself
or something.

No comments: