A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, March 14, 2019

easy flow

My approach is better than those that work! The reason why
I am so can-do is I have special know-how others have access to
too, but they don't seem to know what's what to do, with it

and on that note, I whistle every tune
THAT COMES
flying in sideways, tackles the ref
into a crowd of bums and
scores an honorary baseball touchdown
at best, as I am
at my best

most every day blest. Don't think
I'm not gratefully humble for it, the way

One thing leads on to the next, and it ends
okay, and goes on from there all day.

I'll be out of uniform officially until laundry
day, whenever I break down and declare. Until then,
take a look at what's wrong with my hair! I could shave
with this beard. Shave ice from trees, and pour
coconut and pineapple syrup on the leaves,
then leave - that's a tropical treat,

not for me. My temperament's for temperate climes
and high cliffs, with animals that don't have to pant
in the sun, so exhausting 'cause the pool has been closed

since day one.

No comments: