A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Take weapons

Take weapons and break them
over, upon and through you
until they are tested and
proved and ruined and true,

and then you won't need
them again, you won't need them
again.

Take weapons of others'
attempted misuse, wrest
deftly from hands, turned

wrong-way 'round again
they won't need them again, oh no
not again, and then

use all of your new-found acumen

to conceive in a flash and
realize in pain. Make weapons

you will never need
again, just art for art's sake
martial or marital arts, we all need

a hobby or three, a hobby or three but

keep your weapons away from me.

I will show you how wrongly you've used
all I've said, all my weakest

points and blunt force
wounds, you see

it may well have been feint
or subterfuge, to draw you in

range
of everything I saw in you.
Take everything you see

and flee.

And don't come back. It's okay, we both
did our worst
and failed. An honorable combat, let's
pretend. Taking one

last look at the vicious thing

in my hand, I know.
I know I will never need
one of these again

No comments: